"Arroz con leche" means rice with milk and it is a very common dessert in Mexico. It is easy to prepare and very inexpensive.
- 2 cups of white rice (previously washed with fresh water)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 8 cups (2 quarts) of milk
- 2 sticks of cinnamon (or grounded cinnamon)
- raisins (optional)
- Put the milk to boil and add cinnamon sticks (or grounded, half a tablespoon), then add rice and stir constantly until the rice is soft, cook at high or medium heat, don't cover.
- Add sugar and keep stirring, cook on high until milk is reduced and rice could be seen on the surface.
- Put it on a serving plate, or in individual dessert plates and add some grounded cinnamon on top before serving (look the picture for suggested serving).